Monday, November 15, 2010

Welcome to the world Allyson Grace

Our induction was scheduled at 7:30AM on November 4th. Aubrey was off to her Papa and Nana's house and we set out to the hospital to meet our second little princess. I had my IV put and was just waiting for the doctor's orders to start the medicine to help me to dilate. I started the medicine at 9:30 and had to lay down for 2 hours to give the medicine a chance to work. Things got a little crazy because my nurse had some how hit her head and was over in the ER, luckily she was okay but had to go home. We got our new nurse, Lillian, who was amazing!!

I started to have contractions that were coming pretty frequently but nothing too horrible. At 2 o'clock my contraction were coming frequently but not doing anything. They were coming too often to insert another pill. I still wasn't dilated more than a 1/2 cm . . yes you read that correctly a half of a centimeter. They said that if nothing happened by 8 PM they would let me eat (since I had been told not to eat anything past midnight the previous night) I prayed that labor would progress.

I did some bouncing on the ball, my mom and I walked the hallways what felt like a million times. Our nurse even let us go into the main hallway and walk. At that point I was 3 cm dilated. While walking the main hallway my contractions went from bad to worse in what felt like a matter of minutes.

At 6PM I was back in the room and was checked. I was 6cm dilated. My water had broke while the nurse checked me. I had my epidural in and was feeling sooo much better. I was checked again at 7 o'clock and was 8cm dilated. Things were moving right along, we were getting so much closer to meeting our little Allyson. At about 7:30 the nurse had came in and had me change positions because she noticed that little Ally's heart rate was getting lower, nothing to be worried about yet. Laid on my side for a few minutes, tried my other side and then she put the oxygen mask on me for a little bit. She said that changing positions sometimes helps and if it doesn't it might mean that baby is right there and ready to come out so she checked me and guess what 10 CM!!! We were getting ready to push. She called the DR and we waited. She said that just because I'm at 10 doesn't mean that I need to push, to wait until I had the urge.

Then the fun started. People came into the room. The bed was being pulled apart. The baby's bed was getting warmed up... it was BABY TIME!! The DR came in and I pushed for about 4 minutes and Allyson was out. So much faster this time around (I pushed for 2 1/2 hours with Aubrey) I had a small tear and only needed 1 stitch.

She arrived at 8:13 PM weighing 7 pounds 1 ounce, 20 1/2 inches and was just perfect. She got 8/9 on her APGAR test. She came out crying, she was just beautiful. Papa and Nana brought Aubrey to the hospital so she could finally meet her baby sister. It was so neat to see Aubrey's face. She just stared down at her and didn't even know what to think. It was just amazing to witness. Family and friends came to visit. The nurse brought me some food. A turkey sandwich, chips, a cookie and a cranberry juice and 7 up. Let me tell you how amazing that was! I hadn't eaten since the previous night and I was able to have chips, a cookie and juice. AMAZING!!!

She is a great baby. She only cries when she's hungry. Breastfeeding went well in the hospital. We have had some trouble the last week since being home, but we are working on it with a lactation consultant and are working through it.

Things are going wonderful at home. Candice and Kathy decorated our house. So much fun to come home too. We have been blessed with great family and friends that have been bringing meals over for us. Aubrey is adjusting well to having Allyson home. She loves to give her hugs, kisses, sing to the baby. It's just wonderful ! I love love love being a mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and making new connections. Make sure your email is linked to your profile so we can connect!